We are a fun loving group of young professionals dedicated to both our professions and community service.
“El Puente” translates into “The Bridge”. We came together as a group in mid 2005 and received our club charter from Rotary International in early 2006. Our
mission is to perform community service in our local community and to act as a bridge between Rotary Clubs in the United States and clubs in Mexico, Central and South America.
Rotary: Service above Self
What Do We Do
We hold several fundraisers each year, our primary one a Cinco de Mayo Raffle in May each year. In our short existence we have raised and donated almost $25,000 to local and international charities. These charities were championed by members who believed in these particular causes and then took the initiative in making it happen. These charities have included, but are not limited to:
- Sojourner Center- a local shelter for victims of domestic violence.
- Aguila Youth Leadership Institute- a mentoring and scholarship program for minority students.
- Wings of Peace- a kitchen feeding the homeless.
- Annual Christmas Family
- La Vida Nueva Park- we participated in funding the rebuilding of the playground equipment destroyed by vandals.
- Mountain Park Community Health Center- we provided the funds to equip a pediatric exam room.
We are free to seek out projects in our local community where we feel we can make an impact and then drive these projects to completion. With the assistance of Rotary International we have also supported projects in Mexico, Central and South America. The mission of Rotary International, A word wide association of Rotary Clubs, is to provide service to others, to promote high ethical standards, and to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through its fellowship of business, professional and community leaders.